Dept., of Chemistry, Dept., of Metallurgical & Materials Engineering, IIT madras
Co-Founder and Director, Vayujal Technologies Pvt. Ltd.
Water harvesting, Energy harvesting, Water purification
- B.Tech. Materials Science and Engineering, IIT Kanpur, Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh, 2015
- M.Tech. Materials Science and Engineering, IIT Kanpur, Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh, 2016
- Recipient of Gandhian Young Technological Innovation (GYTI) Award – 2014 (Appreciated Innovator)
Co-written the following proposals with Prof. T. Pradeep:
- ‘MolForge’ centre for synergistic additive manufacturing, submitted to IIT Madras, 2018. Total budget Rs. 3,667 lakhs.
- Precision solids, submitted to SUPRA scheme Department of Science and Technology, Govt. of India, 2019. Total budget Rs. 1,249 lakhs.
- Centre of excellence on molecular materials and functions, submitted to IIT Madras, 2020. Total budget Rs. 4,962 lakhs.
- Precision solids: A new class of atomically-precise materials and their nascent properties, submitted to SUPRA scheme Department of Science and Technology, Govt. of India, 2021. Total budget Rs. 769 lakhs.
- Aminoclay-graphene oxide composite for thin-film composite reverse osmosis membranes with unprecedented water flux and fouling resistance, Md Rabiul Islam, Pratishtha Khurana, Pillalamarri Srikrishnarka, Ankit Nagar, Madhuri Jash, Shantha Kumar Jenifer, Mohd Azhardin Ganayee, Mathava Kumar and Thalappil Pradeep, Adv. Mater. Interfaces, 2021. (Just Accepted)
- Scalable drop-to-film condensation on a nanostructured hierarchical surface for enhanced humidity harvesting, Ankit Nagar, Ramesh Kumar, Pillalamarri Srikrishnarka, Tiju Thomas and Thalappil Pradeep, ACS Appl. Nano Mater., 4 (2021) 1540-1550 (DOI: 10.1021/acsanm.0c03032)
- Clean water through nanotechnology: Needs, gaps, and fulfillment, Ankit Nagar and Thalappil Pradeep, ACS Nano, 14 (2020) 6420–6435 (DOI: 10.1021/acsnano.9b01730)
- Patterned nanobrush nature mimics with unprecedented water harvesting efficiency, Depanjan Sarkar, Anindita Mahapatra, Anirban Som, Ramesh Kumar, Ankit Nagar, Avijit Baidya and Thalappil Pradeep, Adv. Mater. Interfaces, (2018) 1800667 (DOI: 10.1002/admi.201800667)
- Anti-counterfeiting mark with 3-D features, Deepak Gupta, Ankit Nagar, US Patent No. US20200082235A1 granted on January 5, 2021
- A modified surface for condensation, T Pradeep; Ankit Nagar; Ramesh Kumar, PCT/IN2019/50078, February 2, 2019
- Among top 10 shortlisted proposals for United States – India Science and Technology Endowment Fund (USISTEF) 2017. Pitched the idea of “water from air” to a panel in San Francisco in The U.S.
- Student delegate at the IIT Madras – Organo Corporation Meet in Tokyo to discuss areas of collaboration in Clean Water