Department of Chemistry
Atomically precise nanoclusters, Electrospray deposition, Carborane based nanomaterials, Nano sensor, Supramolecular gels, Photochemistry
- B.Sc. Chemistry, Ramakrishna Mission Vidyamandira, Belur Math, University of Calcutta, India, 2012-2015
- M.Sc. Chemistry, Indian Institute of Technology Madras, India 2015-2017
- Qualified for the Junior Research Fellowship (CSIR-JRF), in June 2017
- Awarded Prof Ramamurthy Endowment prize for Best M. Sc. Dissertation from Indian Institute of Technology Madras in 2017
- Qualified GATE examination in chemistry in 2017
- Awarded DST INSPIRE Scholarship from 2012 to 2017
- Awarded Erasmus+ Global Mobility scholarship in 2019
- HTRA scholarship 2017-2021 (IIT Madras) Half-time Teaching/Research Assistantship
- M.Sc. project in: “Triarylborane Appended Phenothiazine: Luminogens having Triboluminescence, Mechanochromism and Intramolecular charge Transfer Property” under Prof. Sundargopal Ghosh, Department of Chemistry, IIT Madras (May 2016 – May 2017).
- Summer internship in: “Synthesis of a Chemosenser in semi aqueous medium for copper and zinc detection through fluorescence and UV-vis titration” under Prof. Nikhil Guchhait, Physical Chemistry Division, Calcutta University (May-July 2015).
- Visiting research scholar to Aalto University, School of Science, Finland under Prof. Robin Ras, Aug-Sept 2019.
- Mentored PhD and post graduate students: Sukanya Bagchi (PhD, 2019), Parvathy M. U. (M.Sc., Calicut University). Thesis title: “Atomically Precise Silver Nanoclusters: Surface Protection by Isomeric Carboranethiols, May 2020”.
- Dual emitting Ag35 nanocluster protected by 2-pyrene imine thiol, Arijit Jana, Papri Chakraborty, Wakeel Ahmed Dar, Sourov Chandra, Esma Khatun, MP Kannan, Robin HA Ras, Thalappil Pradeep, Chem. Commun., 2020, 56, 12550-12553. (10.1039/D0CC03983G)
- Smartphone-based fluoride-specific sensor for rapid and affordable colorimetric detection and precise quantification at sub-ppm levels for field applications, Sritama Mukherjee, Manav Shah, Kamalesh Chaudhari, Arijit Jana, Chennu Sudhakar, Pillalamarri Srikrishnarka, Md Rabiul Islam, Ligy Philip, Thalappil Pradeep. ACS Omega, 2020, 5, 39, 25253–25263. (10.1021/acsomega.0c03465)
- Electrospray Deposition-Induced Ambient Phase Transition in Copper Sulphide Nanostructures, Arijit Jana, Sourav Kanti Jana, Depanjan Sarkar, Tripti Ahuja, Pallab Basuri, Biswajit Mondal, Sandeep Bose, Jyotirmoy Ghosh, Thalappil Pradeep, J. Mater. Chem. A, 2019, 7, 6387–6394. (2019 JMCA Hot Paper) (10.1039/C9TA00003H)
- Phenothiazine Based Oligo(p-phenylenevinylene)s : Substituents Affected Self-Assembly, Optical Properties and Morphology Induced Transport, C Arivazhagan, Sitakanta Satapathy, Arijit Jana, Partha Malakar, Edamana Prasad and Sundargopal Ghosh, Chem. Eur. J, 2018, 24, 13213-13222. (10.1002/chem.201801810)
- Phenothiazinyl Boranes: A New Class of AIE Luminogens with Mega Stokes Shift, Mechanochromism and Mechanoluminescence, C. Arivazhagan, A. Maity, K. Bakthavachalam, Arijit Jana, A. Chowdhury, S. K. Panigrahi, E. Suresh, P. S. Mukherjee, A. Das and S. Ghosh, Chem. Eur. J, 2017, 23, 7046-7051. (10.1002/chem.201700187)
- METHOD FOR GENERATING DIFFERENT PHASES OF COPPER SULPHIDE NANOSTRUCTURES USING ELECTROSPRAY DEPOSITION (ESD) UNDER AMBIENT CONDITIONS, Indian patent, IDF 1895, 201941032379
- Poster presentation “Ambient Phase Transition from Semiconducting Cu2S Nanopyramids to Metallic Cu1.8S Platelets by Electrospray Deposition” at CiHS 2018, Department of Chemistry, IIT Madras, Sept. 2018.
- Project defend “Luminous Organo-boranes: A New Class of Materials Towards Flexible Electronics” at IIT Madras, Exploratory Research Project (ERP): CHY/16-17/845/RFER/ SGHO.