Deepak Kumar Patel
Department of Chemistry
Molecular clusters: synthesis, structure and properties of gold and silver nanoclusters comprising ortho- and meta-carboranes
- B.Sc Chemistry – Kirori Mal College, University of Delhi (2017)
- M.Sc Chemistry – IIT Guwahati (2019)
- Qualified GATE- 2020
- Qualified CSIR JRF- 2019
- Qualified CSIR NET- 2018
- Qualified IIT JAM- 2017
Feb 2020- June 2021 (R&D project Assistant)
Supervisor: Prof. M. Eswaramoorthy, JNCASR Bangalore, India
Following projects I have worked on:
- High surface area Metal-free Boron, Carbon, Nitrogen-based catalyst for lower alkenes dehydrogenation.
- Biomass-derived high surface area activated porous carbons material for the carbon dioxide (CO2) capturing.
- Developing a nanomatrix for delivery of pheromone Synergists of housefly, Musca domestca L.
Oct 2018-june 2019 (Master’s Thesis)
Supervisor: Dr. Uttam Manna, Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati, India
Project Title: Fabrication and characterization of porous 3D superhydrophobic and Superoleophilic material for Oil/Water Separation.
July 2016-june 2017 (Under Graduate Project)
Supervisor: Dr. Rupesh Kumar, University of Delhi, India
Project Title: Preparation of Biocompatible Palladium Noscapine Nanoprticles for cancer therapy: A Green Approach
- Arpita Shome, Kousik Maji, Adil Majeed Rather, Arcot Yashwanth, Deepak Kumar Patel, and Uttam Manna* “A Scalable Chemical Approach for Synthesis of Highly Tolerant and Efficient Oil-Absorbent"
Chemistry – An Asian Journal, DOI: 10.1002/asia.201901102 (09/2019)
- Senthoorraja, Deepak Kumar Patel, Vpplayam Shanmugam Pragadheesh, Basavarajappa S, Bakthavatsalam and Subaharan K* “Potential of Polymer Matrix in Delivery of Lemon Grass, Cymbopogon Citratus Stapf Essential Oil to Manage Housefly, Musca Domestica L.”
Indian Journal of Entomology, ESI No-24112086670 (11/2020)
- Manuscript under preparation on ‘Biomass derived High surface area Porous Carbon for the Gas Adsorption and Energy Storage’.
- Manuscript Submitted ”High surface area Metal-free Boron, Carbon, Nitrogen-based catalyst for lower alkenes dehydrogenation.”
- The International Winter School-2020, “Frontiers in Materials Science”
School of Advanced Materials, JNCASR Bangalore (7th-11th December, 2020)
- Attended the 8th International Conference on Perspectives in Vibrational Spectroscopy (ICOPVS)- JNCASR Bangalore, India (24th-29th February 2020)
- Attended a seminar about “Hybrid Silica for application in catalysis and Nanomedicine Fields" IIT Guwahati. (6th March 2018)
- Participated in “National Symposium on Chemistry in Sustainable Development” organized by Hansraj college, University of Delhi (2017)
- National Conference on “Emerging Trends and Future challenges in Chemical Sciences, ETFC. Organized by Department of chemistry Kirori Mal college, University of Delhi (3rd- 4th Feb2017)