Dr. Sourav Kanti Jana
Department of Chemistry
Materials Physics and Chemistry, Electrochemistry, Chemical Sensor, Photovolatics, Energy Storage devices, Capacitive deionization, Electronics and instrumentation
- B.Sc. in Electronics, Vidyasagar University, West Bengal, India
- M.Sc in Electronic Science, Jadavpur University, West Bengal, India
- M. Tech. Material Engineering, Jadavpur University, West Bengal, India
- PhD in Materials Science, University of Milano Bococca, Italy
- National Talent Search Test qualified in Secondary class
- National Scholarship for B.Sc
- GATE Scholarship
- CORIMOV fellowship for Ph. D, University of Milano Bicocca, Milano, Italy
- M.Sc project: “Simulation Studies of Log amplifier based Lineariser of Thermocouples” by Prof. Sugata Munshi, Jadavpur University
- M. Tech Project: “Studies on Electrochemical Deposition and Surface Modification of Nanocrystalline – Nanoporous ZnO Thin films for Gas Sensor Applications”, Prof. Sukumar Basu, Jadavpur University
- PhD: “Light harvesting methods in photovoltaic devices with some superficial treatments”, Prof. Simona Binetti and Prof. Dario Narducci , University Milano Bicocca, Italy
- “2D-Molybdenum Disulfide-Derived Ion Source for Mass Spectrometry” P. Basuri, S. K. Jana, B. Mondal, T. Ahuja, K. Unni, Md R. Islam, S. Das, J. Chakrabarti, T. Pradeep, ACS Nano, 2021, 15, 5023–5031.
- “A covalently integrated reduced graphene oxide-ion exchange resin electrode for efficient capacitive deionization”, Md R. Islam, S. Sen Gupta, S. K. Jana, P. Srikrishnarka, B. Mondal, S. Chennu, T. Ahuja, A. Chakraborty, T. Pradeep*, Advanced Materials Interfaces, 2021, 8, 2001998.
- “Microdroplet impact-induced spray ionization mass spectrometry (MISI MS) for online reaction monitoring and bacteria discrimination”, P. Basuri, S. Das, S. K. Jenifer, S. K. Jana, Thalappil Pradeep, Journal of the American Society for Mass Spectrometry, 2021, 32, 355-363.
- “Arsenic toxicity: Carbonate’s Counteraction Revealed”, S. J. Ravindran, S. K Jenifer, J. Balasubramanyam, S. K. Jana, S, Krishnakumar, S. Elchuri, L. Philip, T. Pradeep, ACS Sustainable Chemistry & Engineering, 2020, 8, 5067-5075.
- “Enhancing the sensitivity of point-of-use electrochemical microfluidic sensors by ion concentration polarisation – A case study on arsenic”, V. Subramanian, S. Lee, S. Jena, S. K. Jana, D. Ray, S. J. Kim, T. Pradeep, Sensors and Actuators B: Chemical, 2020, 304, 127340-8.
- “In-situ Monitoring of Electrochemical Reactions Through CNTs-assisted Paper Cell Mass Spectrometry”, R. Narayan†, P. Basuri†, S. K. Jana, A. Mahendranath, S. Bose, T. Pradeep, Analyst, 2019, 144, 5404-5412.
- “Highly-sensitive As3+ detection using electrodeposited nanostructured MnOx and phase evolution of the active material during sensing”, T. Gupte†, S. K. Jana†, J. Mohanty, P. Srikrishnarka, S. Mukherjee, T. Ahuja, C. Sudhakar, T. Thomas, T. Pradeep, ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces, 2019, 11, 28154-28163.
- “Surface-Treated Nanofibers as High Current Yielding Breath Humidity Sensors for Wearable Electronics”, S. A. Iyengar†, P. Srikrishnarka†, S. K. Jana, M. R. Islam, T. Ahuja, J. S. Mohanty, and T. Pradeep, ACS Appl. Electron. Mater. 2019, 1, 951−960.
- “Electrospray deposition-induced ambient phase transition in copper sulphide nanostructures”, A. Jana, S. K. Jana, D. Sarkar, T. Ahuja, P. Basuri, B. Mondal, S. Bose, J. Ghosh and T. Pradeep, Journal Materials Chemistry A, 2019, 7 6387. (This article is part of the themed collection: 2019 Journal of Materials Chemistry A HOT Papers)
- “Holey MoS2 Nanosheets with Photocatalytic Metal Rich Edges by Ambient Electrospray Deposition for Solar Water Disinfection”, D. Sarkar, B. Mondal, A. Som, Swathi J. R., S. K. Jana, C. K. Manju, T. Pradeep, Global Challenges (Wiley) 2018, 2, 1800052 (2-8). (This article was considered as Front Cover Page of the journal )
- “An Integrated CDI Electrode” , T. Pradeep, R. Islam, S. Sen Gupta, P. Srikrishnarka, S. K. Jana, US Patent US20200331778A1, 22nd October, 2020.
- “Method for Generating Different Phases of Copper Sulphide Nanostructures using Electrospray Deposition (ESD) under Ambient Conditions”, T. Pradeep, A. Jana, S. K. Jana, D. Sarkar, Patent no.IN2019/41032379 filed on 9th August’2019
- “A point-of-care (POC) amperometric device for selective arsenic sensing”, T. Pradeep, S. K. Jana, K. Chaudhari, R. Islam, June 05, 2020, Application No.: 202041023576.
- “A method of ionization on a 2D-nanostructured surface”, T. Pradeep, P. Basuri, S. K. Jana, B. Mondal, February 02, 2021, Application No.: 202141004464
- Invited talk presented in ICMST conference held in St. Thomas College, Pala, Kottyam June’ 2016 , “Intercalated MoS2 for AC line filtering application”