Md Rabiul Islam
Department of Chemistry
- Development of graphene-based materials for clean water
- Development of advanced materials for next generation capacitive deionization and reverse osmosis
- B.Sc. (2013) and M.Sc. (2015) in chemistry, Aligarh Muslim university, Aligarh, U.P
- Qualified CSIR-JRF, AIR-50 (2014).
- Qualified GATE (2015).
- The Best Exhibitor Award for the year 2015 in the category ‘Innovative Display’@8th Bangalore India Nano Conference, March 3-5, 2016
- Best exhibition award on CDI unit display@ 10th BANGAURU INDIA NANO, Dec 5-7, 2018.
- Co-supervised three M.Sc., one B.Tech. and one M.Tech. students on their different projects with Prof. T. Pradeep (2017–2020).
- Teaching assistantship in Physical Chemistry laboratory classes for undergraduate students at IIT Madras for four semesters.
- Islam, M. R., Gupta, S. Sen; Jana, S. K.; Srikrishnarka, P.; Mondal, B.; Chennu, S.; Ahuja, T.; Chakraborty, A.; Pradeep, T., A covalently integrated reduced graphene oxide-ion exchange resin electrode for efficient capacitive deionization, Adv. Mater. Interfaces, 2021, 8, 2001998. (DIO: 10.1002/admi.202001998)
- Islam, M. R.; Khurana, P.; Srikrishnarka, P.; Nagar, A.; Jash, M.; Jenifer, S. K.; Ganayee, Mohd. A.; Kumar, M.; and Pradeep, T.; Aminoclay-Graphene Oxide Composite for Thin-Film Composite Reverse Osmosis Membranes with Unprecedented Water Flux and Fouling Resistance (just accepted)
- Gupta, S. Sen; Islam, M. R.; and Pradeep, T.; Capacitive Deionization (CDI): An Alternative Cost-Efficient Desalination Technique, Advances in Water Purification Techniques 2019 (Ahuja, S., Ed. Elsevier), 165-202. (DIO: 10.1016/B978-0-12-814790-0.00007-7)
- Nag, A.; Islam, M. R.; and Pradeep, T.; Selective extraction of gold by Niacin, ACS Sustain. Chem. Eng., 2021, 9, 2129-2135. (DIO: 10.1021/acssuschemeng.0c07409)
- Basuri, P.; Jana, S. K.; Mondal, B.; Ahuja, T.; Unni, K.; Islam, M. R.; Das, S.; Chakrabarti, J.; and Pradeep, T.; 2D-Molybdenum disulfide-derived ion source for mass spectrometry, ACS Nano, 2021, 15, 5023-5031. (DIO: 10.1021/acsnano.0c09985)
- Mukherjee, S.; Shah, M.; Chaudhari, K.; Jana, A.; Chennu, S.; Srikrishnarka, P.; Islam, M. R.; Philip L.; and Pradeep, T.; A smartphone-based fluoride-specific sensor for rapid and affordable colorimetric detection and precise quantification at sub-ppm levels for field applications, ACS Omega, 2020, 5, 25253–25263.(DIO: 10.1021/acsomega.0c03465)
- Ghosh, D.; Mudedla, S. K.; Islam, M. R.; Subramanian, V.; and Pradeep, T.; Conformational changes of protein upon encapsulation of noble metal clusters: An investigation by hydrogen/deuterium exchange mass spectrometry, J. Phys. Chem. C, 2019, 123, 17598−17605. (DIO: 10.1021/acs.jpcc.9b04009)
- Ravindran, S. J.; Mahendranath, A.; Srikrishnarka, P.; Avula, A. K.; Islam, M. R.; Mukherjee, S.; Philip, L., and Pradeep, T.; Geologically-inspired monoliths for sustainable release of essential minerals into drinking water, ACS Sustain. Chem. Eng., 2019, 7, 11735-11744. (DIO: 10.1021/acssuschemeng.9b01902)
- Iyengar, S.; Srikrishnarka, P.; Jana, S. K.; Islam, M. R.; Ahuja,T.; Mohanty, J.; and Pradeep, T.; Surface Treated Nanofibers for High Current Yielding Breath Humidity Sensors for Wearable Electronics, ACS Appl. Electron. Mater. 2019, 1, 951−960. (DIO: 10.1021/acsaelm.9b00123)
- Mohandoss, M.; Gupta, S. Sen; Kumar, R.; Islam, M. R.; Som, A.; Ganayee, Mohd. A.; Pradeep, T.; and Maliyekkal, S. M.; Self-propagated combustion synthesis of few-layer graphene: An optical properties perspective, Nanoscale, 2018, 10, 7581-7588. (DIO: 10.1039/C7NR09156G)
- “An Integrated CDI Electrode” Pradeep, T.; Islam, M. R.; Gupta, S. Sen; Srikrishnarka, P.; Jana, S. K.; Patent no.: PCT/IN2018/050894, filed on December’2018.
- “An Integrated CDI Electrode” Pradeep, T.; Islam, M. R.; Gupta, S. Sen; Srikrishnarka, P.; Jana, S. K.; Patent no.: US20200331778A1, filed on octember’2020.
- “A point-of-care (POC) ampherometric device for selective arsenic sensing” Pradeep, T.; Jana, S. K.; Chaudhari, K.; and Islam, M. R.; Indian Pat. Appl. 202041023576, filed on
- Chemistry In House Symposium workshop held in Dept. of Chemistry, IIT Madras. (2015, 2016, 2018, 2019).
- Medchem conference held in Dept. of Chemistry, IIT Madras. (2015, 2017,2019)
- 8th Bangalore India Nano Conference, March 3-5, 2016
- 21st CRSI National Symposium and conference in Chemistry at CSIR-IICT Hyderabad, India (date-13th to 16th July, 2017)
- 7th Chemistry in-house symposium (CiHS)-2017 at Chemistry department, IIT Madras.(Date-17th August,2017)
- 7th EuCheMS Chemistry Congress 2018, ACC Liverpool, UK, August 26-30 (poster presentation).
- 10th Bengaluru India Nano, Lalit Ashok, Bengaluru, December 5–7, 2018. (CDI exhibition)