Department of Chemistry
Electrospray ionization mass spectrometry-instrumentation and applications, Imaging mass spectrometry, Microdroplet chemistry, Reaction acceleration, Origin-of-life
- B.Sc. Chemistry, Jagannath Kishore College, Purulia, 2011-14.
- M.Sc. Chemical, Indian Institute of Technology Madras, Chennai, 2014-2016.
- K. P. Gupta Memorial Prize, 2014
- Merit cum fellowship, 2014-16
- Gandhiyan Young Technology innovation Appreciation Award: For the development of oil contamination detection device, 2018
- Indian Railways Design award: Indian Railway, 2019
- Overseas Visiting Doctoral fellowship: Awarded by SERB, 2019
- Visiting Scholar to Purdue University, USA, 2019-2020.
- HTRA scholarship 2016-2021 (IIT M) Half-time Teaching/Research Assistantship.
- Mentored several post graduate students.
- M.Sc. project in “Molecular basis of herbarium” under Prof. T. Pradeep, IITM.
- Detection of Hydrocarbons by Laser Assisted Paper Spray Ionization Mass Spectrometry (LAPSI MS), Anal. Chem. 90 (2018) 4663–4668.
- Preparation of gas phase naked silver cluster cations outside a mass spectrometer from ligand protected clusters in solution, Nanoscale. 10 (2018) 15714–15722.
- Electrospray deposition-induced ambient phase transition in copper sulphide nanostructures, J. Mater. Chem. A. 7 (2019) 6387–6394.
- Sub-Parts-per-Trillion Level Detection of Analytes by Superhydrophobic Preconcentration Paper Spray Ionization Mass Spectrometry (SHPPSI MS), Anal. Chem. 91 (2019) 7118–7124.
- In situ monitoring of electrochemical reactions through CNT-assisted paper cell mass spectrometry, Analyst. 144 (2019) 5404–5412.
- Ambient electrospray deposition Raman spectroscopy (AESD RS) using soft landed preformed silver nanoparticles for rapid and sensitive analysis, Analyst. 144 (2019) 7412–7420.
- Accelerated microdroplet synthesis of benzimidazoles by nucleophilic addition to protonated carboxylic acids, Chem. Sci. 11 (2020) 12686–12694.
- Microdroplet Impact-Induced Spray Ionization Mass Spectrometry (MISI MS) for Online Reaction Monitoring and Bacteria Discrimination, J. Am. Soc. Mass Spectrom. 32 (2021) 355–363.
- 2D-Molybdenum Disulfide-Derived Ion Source for Mass Spectrometry, ACS Nano. 15 (2021) 5023–5031.
- Method to produce unprotected naked clusters of metals of precise composition in air without mass selection, Patent application no 201641035574
- Method of field induced photoionization of molecules using low power pointer laser in laser assisted paper spray ionization mass spectrometry (LAPSI MS) Patent application no 201741040383
- A method of detection of low concentration of analytes by superhydrophobic pre-concentration paper spray ionization mass spectrometry (SHPPSI MS). Patent application no. 201741047403
- Multi-charged nanodroplets of water for microbial disinfection, Patent application no. 202041015937
- Benzimidazole URD-119/00US: Methods for coupling a carbon containing moiety to an amine containing moiety, PRF ref: 69066.
- A method of ionization on a 2D-nanostructured surface, patent application no. 202141004464.
- ‘Presented poster and won best poster award’ in Chemistry In-House Symposium (CiHS), held at IIT Madras, August 17, 2017
- ‘Presented poster and won ACS Omega best poster award’ in 22nd Chemical Research Society of India, Symposium, CRSI 2018, Pt. Ravishankar Shukla University, February 2-4, 2018.
- ‘Presented poster’ at the American Society for Mass Spectrometry (ASMS) Reboot, June 01-12, 2020
- ‘Presented poster’ at the International Conference on Recent Trends in Chemical Sciences (RTCS 2020), organized by Indian Chemical Society, December 28, 2020.