Spoorthi B. K.
Department of Chemistry
Droplet synthesis, new materials, transformation of materials in microdroplets, applications.
- B.Sc. (Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics) Maharani’s Science College for Women, Mysore university, Mysuru, 2014.
- M.Sc. Chemistry, University of Mysore, Mysuru, 2016.
- Qualified joint CSIR-UGC exam (June 2017) for Junior Research Fellowship and Lectureship with AIR 54.
- M.Sc. dissertation in “Synthesis, Characterization and Evaluation of Antimicrobial Activity of 2,2'-Diselanediyldiacetamide’’ under Prof. Nagaraja Naik, University of Mysore.
- Teaching assistant for under graduate students on “Basic principles of spectroscopy” for the semester Jan-May 2019.
- Teaching assistant for undergraduate students on “Basic concepts in quantum chemistry’’ for the semester July-Nov 2019.
- Teaching assistant for undergraduate students on “Basic concepts in quantum chemistry’’ for the semester Jan-June 2021.
- Ambient microdroplet annealing of nanoparticles, Angshuman Ray Chowdhuri, B. K. Spoorthi, Biswajit Mondal, Paulami Bose, Sandeep Bose and Thalappil Pradeep, Chem. Sci., 12 (2021) 6370–6377 (DOI: 10.1039/d1sc00112d).
- Transformation of nanodiamonds to onion-like carbons by ambient electrospray deposition, Deeksha Satyabola, Tripti Ahuja, Sandeep Bose, Biswajit Mondal, Pillalamarri Srikrishnarka, M. P. Kannan, B. K. Spoorthi and Thalappil Pradeep, J. Phys. Chem. C, 125 (2021) 10998–11006 (DOI: 10.1021/acs.jpcc.1c00166).
- 103rd Indian Science Congress, Mysuru, 2016.