Department of Chemistry and Chemical Engineering
Wearable sensors, air purification
- B.Tech. Chemical Engineering, Amrita School of Engineering, Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu, 2013.
- M.Tech. Nanotechnology, Amrita Centre for Nanoscience and Molecular Medicine, Cochin, Kerala, 2015.
- Poster titled “Enhanced Capture of Particulate Matter by Molecularly Charged Electrospun Nanofibers" was presented at ICRAN-2019 held by Stella Maris in Dec 9-11, 2019. It was selected as the Best Poster.
- Poster entitled entitled “Highly-scalable, Affordable, Conducting Cloth as Wearable Breath Humidity Sensor" was presented at CiHS-2020 held by IIT Madras in Dec 3-4, 2021. It was selected as the Best Poster.
- M.Tech. project in Multifunctional TiO2 coatings on glass under Dr. A. Sreekumaran Nair, Amrita Centre for Nanoscience and Molecular Medicine.
- Design of waste paper derived chemically ‘reactive’ & durable functional material with tailorable mechanical property following an ambient & sustainable chemical approach, Arpita Shome, Adil Rather, Angana Borbora, Pillalamarri Srikrishnarka, Avijit Baidya, Thalappil Pradeep and Uttam Manna, Chem. Asian J., 2021 (DOI: 10.1002/asia.202100475).
- Triboelectric generators for sustainable reduction leading to nanoparticles and nanoclusters, Vishal Kumar, Pillalamarri Srikrishnarka, Jyoti Sarita Mohanty, Murugesan Kannan, Ramamurthy Nagarajan and Thalappil Pradeep, ACS Sustainable Chem. Eng., 2021. (Article ASAP)
- Molecular materials through microdroplets: Synthesis of protein-protected luminescent clusters of noble metals, Sandeep Bose, Amit Chatterjee, Shantha Kumar Jenifer, Biswajit Mondal, Pillalamarri Srikrishnarka, Debasmita Ghosh, Angshuman Ray Chowdhuri, M. P. Kannan, Sailaja Elchuri and Thalappil Pradeep, ACS Sustainable Chem. Eng., 9 (2021) 4554–4563 (DOI: 10.1021/jacs.1c01140).
- Hierarchical assembly of atomically precise metal clusters as a luminescent strain sensor, Debasmita Ghosh, Mohd Azhardin Ganayee, Anirban Som, Pillalamarri Srikrishnarka, Nidhi Murali, Sandeep Bose, Amrita Chakraborty, Biswajit Mondal, Pijush Ghosh and Thalappil Pradeep, ACS Appl. Mater. Interfaces, 125 (2021) 3256–3267 (DOI: 10.1021/acsami.0c19239).
- Transformation of nanodiamonds to onion-like carbons by ambient electrospray deposition, Deeksha Satyabola, Tripti Ahuja, Sandeep Bose, Biswajit Mondal, Pillalamarri Srikrishnarka, M. P. Kannan, B. K. Spoorthi and Thalappil Pradeep, J. Phys. Chem. C, 125 (2021) 10998–11006 (DOI: 10.1021/acs.jpcc.1c00166).
- Scalable drop-to-film condensation on a nanostructured hierarchical surface for enhanced humidity harvesting, Ankit Nagar, Ramesh Kumar, Pillalamarri Srikrishnarka, Tiju Thomas and Thalappil Pradeep, ACS Appl. Nano Mater., 4 (2021) 1540-1550 (DOI: 10.1021/acsanm.0c03032).
- A covalently integrated reduced graphene oxide-ion-exchange resin electrode for efficient capacitive deionization, Md Rabiul Islam, Soujit Sen Gupta, Sourav Kanti Jana, Pillalamarri Srikrishnarka, Biswajit Mondal, Sudhakar Chennu, Tripti Ahuja, Amrita Chakraborty and Thalappil Pradeep, Adv. Mater. Interfaces, 8 (2020) 2001998 (DOI: 10.1002/admi.202001998).
- Evaluating the impact of tailored water wettability on performance of CO2-capture, Adil Rather, Pillalamarri Srikrishnarka, Avijit Baidya, Arpita Shome, Thalappil Pradeep and Uttam Manna, ACS Appl. Energy Mater., 3 (2020) 10541–10549 (DOI: 10.1021/acsaem.0c01603).
- Smartphone-based fluoride-specific sensor for rapid and affordable colorimetric detection and precise quantification at sub-ppm levels for field applications, Sritama Mukherjee, Manav Shah, Kamalesh Chaudhari, Arijit Jana, Chennu Sudhakar, Pillalamarri Srikrishnarka, Md Rabiul Islam, Ligy Philip and Thalappil Pradeep, ACS Omega, 5 (2020) 25253–25263 (DOI: 10.1021/acsomega.0c03465).
- Enhanced capture of particulate matter by molecularly charged electrospun nanofibers, Pillalamarri Srikrishnarka, Vishal Kumar, Tripti Ahuja, Vidhya Subramanian, Arun Karthick Selvam, Paulami Bose, Shantha Kumar Jenifer, Ananthu Mahendranath, Mohd Azhardin Ganayee, Ramamurthy Nagarajan and Thalappil Pradeep, ACS Sustainable Chem. Eng., 8 (2020) 7762–7773 (DOI: 10.1021/acssuschemeng.9b06853).
- Ambient electrospray deposition Raman spectroscopy (AESD RS) using soft landed preformed silver nanoparticles for rapid and sensitive analysis, Tripti Ahuja, Atanu Ghosh, Sandip Mondal, Pallab Basuri, Shantha Kumar Jenifer, Pillalamarri Srikrishnarka, Jyoti Sarita Mohanty, Sandeep Bose and Thalappil Pradeep, Analyst, 144 (2019) 7412-7420 (DOI: 10.1039/C9AN01700C).
- Highly-sensitive As3+ detection using electrodeposited nanostructured MnOx and phase evolution of the active material during sensing, Tanvi Gupte, Sourav Kanti Jana, Jyoti Sarita Mohanty, Pillalamarri Srikrishnarka, Sritama Mukherjee, Tripti Ahuja, Chennu Sudhakar, Tiju Thomas, and Thalappil Pradeep, ACS Appl. Mater. Interfaces, 11 (2019) 28154−28163 (DOI: 10.1021/acsami.9b06023).
- Geologically-inspired monoliths for sustainable release of essential minerals into drinking water, Swathy Jakka Ravindran, Ananthu Mahendranath, Pillalamarri Srikrishnarka, Anil Kumar Avula, Md Rabiul Islam, Sritama Mukherjee, Ligy Philip, and Thalappil Pradeep, ACS Sustainable Chem. Eng., 7 (2019) 11735-11744 (DOI: 10.1021/acssuschemeng.9b01902).
- Surface-treated nanofibers as high current yielding breath humidity sensors for wearable electronics, Sathvik Iyengar, Pillalamarri Srikrishnarka, Sourav Kanti Jana, Md Rabiul Islam, Tripti Ahuja, Jyoti Sarita Mohanty, and Thalappil Pradeep, ACS Appl. Electron. Mater., 1 (2019) 951−960 (DOI: 10.1021/acsaelm.9b00123).
- Sustainable and affordable composites built using microstructures performing better than nanostructures for arsenic removal, Sritama Mukherjee, Avula Anil Kumar, Chennu Sudhakar, Ramesh Kumar, Tripti Ahuja, Biswajit Mondal, Pillalamarri Srikrishnarka, Ligy Philip and Thalappil Pradeep, ACS Sustainable Chem. Eng., 7 (2018) 3222–3233 (DOI: 10.1021/acssuschemeng.8b05157).
- Multilayer multifunctional nasal filter, T. Pradeep, Arun Karthick, Srikrishnarka Pillalamarri, Vishal Kumar, Ramesh Soni, Sathvik Ajay Iyengar, Indian patent 351038, June 11, 2020.
- An integrated CDI electrode, T. Pradeep, Md. Rabiul Islam, Soujit Sengupta, Sourav Kanti Jana, Srikrishnarka Pillalamarri, Indian patent 345270, August 28, 2020.
- Poster entitled “Surface-Treated Nanofibers as High Current Yielding Breath Humidity Sensors for Wearable Electronics" was presented at CRSI-24 held by CSIR-CLRI in Jan 8-11, 2019.
- Poster entitled “Enhanced Capture of Particulate Matter by Molecularly Charged Electrospun Nanofibers" was presented at ICRAN-2019 held by Stella Maris in Dec 9-11, 2019.
- Oral presentation titled “Highly-scalable, Affordable, Conducting Cloth as Wearable Breath Humidity Sensor" was presented at NeSCETIR-2020 held by Nagaland University in Nov 24-27, 2020.