Department of Metallurgy and Materials Engineering and Department of Chemistry
Nanomaterials synthesis, nanoclusters, two dimensional materials, advanced characterization techniques
- B.E (Hons.) Chemical Engineering, Birla Institute of Technology and Science Pilani, Rajasthan, 2016
- Teaching Assistant, Department of Metallurgical and Materials Engineering, IIT Madras
ID6106 Materials for Energy Storage and Conversion Aug 2020 – Nov 2020
- Academic Visitor, Rice University, Houston, Texas, USA Feb 2020 – Aug 2020
- Research Assistant, Indian Institute of Technology Madras, Chennai, India Jul 2016 – Dec 2017
- Undergrad Thesis Intern, Indian Institute of Technology Madras, Chennai, India Aug 2015 – Jan 2016
- Jawaharlal Nehru Centre for Advanced Scientific Research (JNCASR) Summer Research Fellow
International Institute of Information Technology, Hyderabad, India May 2015 – July 2015
- Summer Intern, CG-PPI Adhesive Products Limited, Goa, India May 2014 – July 2014
- Paulami Bose, Papri Chakraborty, Jyoti Sarita Mohanty, Nonappa, Angshuman Ray Chowdhuri, Esma Khatun, Tripti Ahuja, Ananthu Mahendranath and Thalappil Pradeep, (2020). “Atom Transfer between Precision Nanoclusters and Polydispersed Nanoparticles: A Facile Route for Monodispersed Alloy Nanoparticles and their Superstructures”, Nanoscale, 12(43), 22116-22128. DOI: 10.1039/D0NR04033A.
- Pillalamarri Srikrishnarka, Vishal Kumar, Tripti Ahuja, Vidhya Subramanian, Arun Karthick Selvam, Paulami Bose, Shantha Kumar Jenifer, Ananthu Mahendranath, Mohd Azhardin Ganayee, Ramamurthy Nagarajan, and Thalappil Pradeep, (2020). “Enhanced capture of particulate matter by molecularly charged electrospun nanofibers”, ACS Sustainable Chemistry & Engineering, 8(21), 7762–7773. DOI: 10.1021/acssuschemeng.9b06853.
- Korath Shivan Sugi, Shridevi Bhat, Abhijit Nag, Ganesan Paramasivam, Ananthu Mahendranath, and Thalappil Pradeep, (2020). “Ligand structure and charge state-dependent separation of monolayer protected Au25 clusters using non-aqueous reversed-phase HPLC”, Analyst, 145(4), 1337-1345. DOI: 10.1039/C9AN02043H.
- Swathy Jakka Ravindran, Ananthu Mahendranath, Srikrishnarka Pillalamarri, Anil Kumar Avula, Md Rabiul Islam, Sritama Mukherjee, Ligy Philip, and Thalappil Pradeep, (2019). “Geologically-inspired monoliths for sustainable release of essential minerals into drinking water,” ACS Sustainable Chemistry & Engineering, 7(13), 11735 – 11744. DOI: 10.1021/acssuschemeng.9b01902.
- Rahul Narayanan, Pallab Basuri, Sourav Kanti Jana, Ananthu Mahendranath, Sandeep Bose, and Thalappil Pradeep, (2019). “In situ monitoring of electrochemical reactions through CNT-assisted paper cell mass spectrometry”, Analyst, 144(18), 5404-5412. DOI: 10.1039/C9AN00791A.
- Biswajit Mondal†, Ananthu Mahendranath†, Anirban Som, Sandeep Bose, Tripti Ahuja, Avula Anil Kumar, Jyotirmoy Ghosh, and Thalappil Pradeep, (2018). “Rapid reaction of MoS2 nanosheets with Pb2+ and Pb4+ ions in solution”, Nanoscale, 10(4), 1807-1814. DOI: 10.1039/C7NR07523E.
†: Authors contributed equally
- Thalappil Pradeep, Biswajit Mondal, Ananthu Mahendranath, Anirban Som, Sandeep Bose, Tripti Ahuja, Avula Anil Kumar, Jyotirmoy Ghosh. 2021. “Removal of lead from waste water using nanoscale MoS2”. Indian Patent, 365164, filed December 11, 2017, and issued April 22, 2021.
- 2020 CEC Annual Workshop on Electrochemistry, organized by the Center for Electrochemistry at The University of Texas at Austin, from February 22-23, Austin, Texas, USA (Participant).
- Horiba Optical School, jointly organized by Horiba Scientific and JNCASR, Bangalore during 22nd May to 26th May 2017 (Participant).
- Ananthu Mahendranath, Marimuthu Krishnan, ‘A Study on Gold-Protein Interaction using Molecular Dynamics and Normal Mode Analysis’, Symposium on Sustainable Technology Development in Polymers 2016, March 11-12, Pilani, India (Poster Presentation).