Department of chemistry and Department of Metallurgical and materials Engineering
Mass spectrometry, Sensors for water quality monitoring, Water filtration, Nanoclusters, Arsenic toxicity, Microbiology and Raman spectroscopy.
- B.Tech. Biotechnology, Dr. Rangarajan and Dr. Sakunthala Vel tech High Tech Engineering college (Affiliated to Anna University), Chennai, Tamil Nadu, 2011-2015.
- M.Tech. Nanoscience and Technology, Anna University, Chennai, Tamil Nadu, 2015-2017.
- University rank holder in B.Tech with CGPA 8.75/10
- University rank holder in M.Tech with CGPA 9.86/10
- Received the Prime minister scholarship from 2011-2015
- Qualified GATE in 2015 and 2017
- HTRA scholarship from MHRD (2017-2022)
- Half-time Teaching/ Research assistantship at training undergraduate students at IITM through HTRA scholarship from 2017-2022, funded by MHRD.
- M.Sc. project in Electrospun Quercetin-MWCNT/ PAN Nanocomposite Membrane for Water Treatment under Dr. Devasena, Anna University.
- Summer internship in Industrial Biotechnology under Dr. Charles Jhon Bhaskar , Geomarine Biotechnologies, Chennai .
- Hands on Training on HPLC and GC at VIT, Vellore in 2013.
- Hands on Training on “Isolation, Culture and Differentiation of Stem Cells” at Sri Venkateswara College of Engineering in 2014.
- Molecular materials through microdroplets: Synthesis of protein-protected luminescent clusters of noble metals, Sandeep Bose, Amit Chatterjee, Shantha Kumar Jenifer, Biswajit Mondal, Pillalamarri Srikrishnarka, Debasmita Ghosh, Angshuman Ray Chowdhuri, M. P. Kannan, Sailaja Elchuri and Thalappil Pradeep, ACS Sustainable Chem. Eng., 9 (2021) 4554–4563 (DOI: 10.1021/jacs.1c01140).
- Microdroplets impact-induced spray ionization mass spectrometry (MISI MS) for online reaction monitoring and bacteria discrimination, Pallab Basuri, Subhashree Das, Shantha Kumar Jenifer, Sourav Jana and Thalappil Pradeep, J. Am. Soc. Mass Spectrom., 32 (2021) 355–363 (DOI: 10.1021/jasms.0c00365).
- Enhanced capture of particulate matter by molecularly charged electrospun nanofibers, Pillalamarri Srikrishnarka, Vishal Kumar, Tripti Ahuja, Vidhya Subramanian, Arun Karthick Selvam, Paulami Bose, Shantha Kumar Jenifer, Ananthu Mahendranath, Mohd Azhardin Ganayee, Ramamurthy Nagarajan and Thalappil Pradeep, ACS Sustainable Chem. Eng., 8 (2020) 7762–7773 (DOI: 10.1021/acssuschemeng.9b06853).
- Arsenic toxicity: Carbonate’s counteraction revealed, Swathy Jakka Ravindran, Shantha Kumar Jenifer, Jayashree Balasubramanyam, Sourav Kanti Jana, Subramanian Krishnakumar, Sailaja Elchuri, Ligy Philip, and Thalappil Pradeep, ACS Sustainable Chem. Eng., 8 (2020) 5067-5075 (DOI: 10.1021/acssuschemeng.9b06850).
- Ambient electrospray deposition Raman spectroscopy (AESD RS) using soft landed preformed silver nanoparticles for rapid and sensitive analysis, Tripti Ahuja, Atanu Ghosh, Sandip Mondal, Pallab Basuri, Shantha Kumar Jenifer, Pillalamarri Srikrishnarka, Jyoti Sarita Mohanty, Sandeep Bose and Thalappil Pradeep, Analyst, 144 (2019) 7412-7420 (DOI: 10.1039/C9AN01700C).
- Arsenic in Water: Speciation, Sources, Distribution, and Toxicology. Encyclopaedia of Water: Science, Technology, and Society. Sritama Mukherjee, Tanvi Gupte, Shantha Kumar Jenifer, Tiju Thomas, and Thalappil Pradeep, ISBN: 978-1-119-30075-5, 2 April 2020
- Arsenic in Water: Fundamentals of Measurement and Remediation. Encyclopaedia of Water: Science, Technology, and Society. Sritama Mukherjee, Tanvi Gupte, Shantha Kumar Jenifer, Tiju Thomas, Thalappil Pradeep, ISBN: 978-1-119-30075-5, 2April 2020
- The XIth Bangalore Microscopy Course organized at the National Centre for Biological Sciences (NCBS), Bangalore, India during 15-22 September 2019. This course was jointly organized by NCBS, inStem (Institute for Stem Cell Biology and Regenerative Medicine), and C-CAMP (Centre for Cellular and Molecular Platforms).
- Best exhibitor award at the DST Nano Mission pavilion at 10th Bengaluru India Nano Conference 2018 conducted by Department of IT, BT and S&T, Government of Karnataka and JNCASR from 5th December to 7th December 2018.
- “Electrospun Polyphenol-MWCNT/ Polymer membrane for water treatment", presented as a poster at the Chennai Nanogathering 2017 at University of Madras on 8th February, 2017.
- “Anti-oxidant property of few selected mushrooms” presented as a paper at Bharathi Women’s College on 6 Feb 2015.
- “A study on anti-cancer activity of asclepiadaceous family" presented as a paper at IIT-Madras, on 7 Feb 2014.
- Workshop on Herbal Technology at MARINA LABS, Chennai from 15 -16 Feb 2014
- Bioinformatics and System Biology workshop at Karpaga Vinayaga college of engineering and technology from 12 to 14 Aug 2013.
- Workshop on Aerobiology at MARINA LABS, Chennai from 14-15 Dec 2013